It’s important to figure out what type of headache is causing your pain. If you know your headache type, you can treat it correctly.
Two of The Body Refinery’s physiotherapists (Kristen Eales and Luiseach Walsh) have completed specialist training in headaches management, allowing them to treat a variety of headache types including:
- Migraine: a headache of varying intensity, often accompanied by nausea and sensitivity to light and sound.
- Tension Headache: the most common type, feel like a constant ache or pressure around the head, especially at the temples or back of the head and neck. Not as severe as migraines, they don’t usually cause nausea or vomiting, and they rarely halt daily activities.
- Cluster Headache: which affect more men than women, are recurring headaches that occur in groups or cycles.
- Menstrual Migraine: specific condition where the timing of attacks is linked to the menstrual cycle.
- Trigeminal Autonomic Cephalalgias (TACs): primary headache that occurs with pain on one side of the head in the trigeminal nerve area and symptoms in autonomic systems on the same side, such as eye-watering and redness or drooping eyelids.
If you are seeking headache treatment, we recommend booking an initial consultation and bringing any relevant medical information with you (imaging reports, Doctors letters etc).
When commencing treatment, the best results are typically achieved with 3-4 follow-up appointments over a 2-week period, with the length of time between subsequent appointments then gradually increasing. Long-term patients are encouraged to self-manage through home exercises and postural correction, with semi-regular appointments throughout the year.
We have additional information cards and brochures in the studio with further information about headaches and the treatment approach used.
Reducing or eliminating the pain and discomfort experienced from regular or re-occurring headaches can drastically improve your quality of life.
_ _ _
Book today on 07 3358 3915 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.